[Buddha-l] Rice & Dragons

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 16 14:29:52 MDT 2012

> Dan, what is your reference for your al Biruni remarks (besides al
> Biruni),
> especially the bit about his trying to prevent a big massacre of some
> sort?
> Joanna

It is a generally known fact, which I've been aware of since grad school
days, so probably first heard it from S.H. Nasr.

As it happens, the Wikipedia entry on "People of the Book" states:

--
Buddhism does not explicitly recognize a monotheistic God or the concept of
prophethood. Muslims however had at one point accorded them the status of

and attributes that to the Burzin archives.

See also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_other_religions
and scroll down to the discussion on Biruni.
Dan