[Buddha-l] Buddhism and Psychology research

Timothy Smith smith at wheelwrightassoc.com
Fri Sep 3 15:06:33 MDT 2010

Dan,

You are entitled to feel the way you do, but I don't think you're entitled to assert that you have the whole truth on
Jung or Freud.  That's why this is a strawman, a way of injecting the 'anti-semetic' argument into a discussion
that had nothing to do with human flaws, and more to do with the merit of each individual's flawed contributions.

As I've said twice before, the literature on the controversy is voluminous.  You've obviously picked your favorite sources
and are now busily flogging them to the finish line you must imagine exists.

I think you're correct when you say that we tend to whitewash the sins of our favorite miscreants.  What you don't say is
how we can also use a broad brush to tar the miscreants we don't like.  I don't see Jung as a hero, nor do I see Freud as a villian.
I do think that both erred morally with clients, and that both learned from the experience.

BTW what's so bad about dynamite?

Timothy Smith
Office/Mobile 831.624.8138
Fax  831.659-5112