[Buddha-l] Karma

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Sat Jun 5 10:40:00 MDT 2010

I can remember a time when some of us said Vote for Nixon, so as
to intensify the karmic contradictions aimred at bringing on the
collapse of capitalism, or some such nonsense.  I wonder if this
idea was invented when the Greeks were politicking in the Agora.

JK

_________________

Last year, during his visit to the place I'm teaching these days,
one of my students made the observation that Richard is doing his
best to prevent the coming of next Buddha and therewith the new
Buddhist renaissance. The new Buddha only comes when dharma is in
decline, so unless you are a Buddha yourself, the best you can do
is help Buddhism down the drain. Many members of this list also
help to spread an clarify the dharma, so our karma must be
terrible.
Recently this logic has been used by one of the most intelligent
politicians, undoubtedly a candidate of the coming Nobel Prize on
an actual issue.
See
http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2010/06/onshore-dr
illing-palin-oil