[Buddha-l] Karma

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sat Jun 5 13:06:07 MDT 2010

On Jun 5, 2010, at 10:22 AM, Erik Hoogcarspel wrote:

> See
> http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2010/06/onshore-drilling-palin-oil

There is an American idiot-idiot (that's sort of like an idiot-savant without any talent) named Rush Limbaugh who has been pushing this line for weeks on his radio program. His actual suggestion was that a specific environmental organization, the Sierra Club, be made to pay for the cleanup in El Golfo de México. The Sierra Club responded with a fund-raising campaign with the slogan "Make Rush Limbaugh the Sierra Club's top fundraiser." People can make a donation in honor of Rush on the Sierra Club website: http://tinyurl.com/2bv4758

I had some miserable fun with this a few days ago on one of my blog posts on http://dayamati.blogspot.com/ . Alas, I was one of about eighty-seven million bloggers who could not resist entitling the piece "Spill, baby, spill."

Richard