[Buddha-l] Be good for Godsake

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sat Apr 4 21:20:20 MDT 2009

Erik Hoogcarspel schreef:

> In the Netherlands, the country where I live and that you'll be visiting
> shortly, the situation is not much better than in the USA. I guess the
> line of thought is quite obvious: heathens go to hell and Christians go
> to heaven.

Despite what you say, I'm looking forward to spending a semester in the
Netherlands. It may be necessary for me to drink a beer about once a
month, and if you indulge in such violations of Buddhist precepts, I'd
enjoy your companionship. We can speculate about where Nederlanders and
Nieuw Mexicanders go when they die.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy