[Buddha-l] buddhism and brain studies

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Fri Nov 14 13:24:46 MST 2008

Yes, and in the current issue of Trycycle there's an article
about just that--why not use a chair. (I finally succumbed to
that mag's lower price, lower than when they started).  Joanna
===============

 On Behalf Of [DPD Web] Shen Shi'an
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:12 PM

Methinks floor-seated meditation is overrated (though I do it);
meditation can be done well seated on a chair with one's back
straight too. It's quite crazy how many meditators spend years
struggling with pain in the knees. Basic meditation is after all,
mental cultivation - not like physical yoga.

From: Jackhat1 at aol.com [mailto:Jackhat1 at aol.com]

> ... First, a daily meditation practice dealing with minor
problems such as the pain in your knee teaches you to deal with
the bigger problems we all have such as illness, death of a loved
one, etc.