[Buddha-l] Energy and "The Word"

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Sun Jul 6 10:34:50 MDT 2008

On Jul 6, 2008, at 7:17 AM, Erik Hoogcarspel wrote:

>> simultaneously one and with one is the golden section, otherwise
>> known as
>> phi. Phi is defined as a line segment divided into two unequal
>> parts such
>> that the ratio of the shorter portion to the longer portion is the
>> same as
>> the longer portion to the whole. Phi is seen in the proportions of
>> butterflies and fish, water, DNA, our number of teeth, architecture,
>> philosophy, science, mathematics, and of course sound (in the form of
>> music). In fact phi crops up just about everywhere throughout
>> nature. It is
>> at the basis of the underlying patterns of wave forms mentioned in
>> one of my
>> earlier posts on this subject.

I do not believe for an instant that the golden ratio shows up in all
thee places. I do, however, believe that many flavors of the ancient
one might have so believed. Numbers, like letter an words, were
considered magical in most cultures, and, in fact, till are by a
surprisingly large number of people, especially folks who insist on
"literal" readings of specific texts or who cast "spells',  or do
"numerological" analysis of everything from the Bible to The Story of O.

However, as an Illuminati, I can tell you that the "Golden Ratio" was
well understood and applied by the master masons who built the great
Romanic and Gothic cathedrals of Europe.

Jim Peavler
jmp at peavler.org