[Buddha-l] Energy and "The Word"

Kate Marshall marshallarts at bigpond.com
Sun Jul 6 22:52:14 MDT 2008

Hi Jim,

> I do not believe for an instant that the golden ratio shows up in all
> thee places.

Happily you do not have to take my word for it.  It's easy enough to read up
on if you are interested.

 I do, however, believe that many flavors of the ancient
> one might have so believed. Numbers, like letter an words, were
> considered magical in most cultures, and, in fact, till are by a
> surprisingly large number of people, especially folks who insist on
> "literal" readings of specific texts or who cast "spells',  or do
> "numerological" analysis of everything from the Bible to The Story of O.

Sacred science and phi aren't about numbers but shapes and relationships.
Numerology etc. doesn't come into this.

 > However, as an Illuminati, I can tell you that the "Golden Ratio" was
> well understood and applied by the master masons who built the great
> Romanic and Gothic cathedrals of Europe.

The use of the Golden Ratio in such cathedrals is usually a stock example in
books on sacred geometry.
Actually, it was architecture that first got me interested in sacred
geometry as I wanted to find out more about the floor plans of  Hindu fire
altars and temples, and Vastu, and why the 'square' in such plans and the
stupa cube etc. were used to represent 'earth'.  Perhaps it also explains
why the Egyptian pyramids are square pyramids and not, say, triangular
pyramids.

Kate