[Buddha-l] Being in Love

Katherine Masis twin_oceans at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 11:28:40 MST 2008

  Stefan, I don’t know what “Buddhism” has to say about being in love.
  What I say is that as long as I’m in Samsara, I would rather love than not.

  Katherine
  Stefan wrote:
  “A friend of mine asked me what 'Buddhism' says about being in love. [ . . .]

  My assumption is that it is considered as a delusion. If so, does 'Buddhism'
  seek to eliminate this particular delusion? What advice does the Buddha give
  to lay folks on 'what to do when being in love' (in any tradition)? Does it
  receive approval in a family-forming context? Could being in love as a
  delusion produce happiness?

  Any suggestions are welcome.

  Stefan”