[Buddha-l] Republicans are happier ?

paul bennett net3431 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 14:47:18 MST 2008

Another option is to stop working for a large salary, taking odd jobs that pay cash or otherwise attempting to maintain your income to the poverty level. I believe this is the choice that the buddha might have chosen. Losing the security blanket of wealth/heathcare etc is difficult but not impossible for somebody not actively raising a family. A householder may not be able to take advantage of this easy, moral escape - but being sent to prison may indeed be a worse choice.

For those lucky few who manage to walk away from the system, paying tax becomes just another social option, to be grouped with giving to charity, church, etc.

--
Paul Bennett
net3431 at yahoo.com