[Buddha-l] BURMA [Fwd: News from Burma: bludgeoning monks by the'lone-tein' ]

Joy Vriens jvriens at free.fr
Fri Sep 28 00:36:05 MDT 2007

Thanks for posting this Chris.

Is your friend aware of this of the demand of the BBC website:
"Are you in the area? Are you affected by the events in Burma? Send us your comments using the form below.
You can send your pictures and moving footage to yourpics at bbc.co.uk or text them to + 44 (0) 7725 100 100 "

It is absolutely ridiculous that members of the junta like Brig Gen Thura Myint Maung, minister for religion, warned the Buddhist monks not to break Buddhist "rules and regulations" in the light of the "action that is taken". Is there a possibility that Buddhist countries, such as Bhutan, condemn these actions officially as Buddhist nations?