[Buddha-l] constrained in his perception

Sherab Lodro mahasukha at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 5 14:07:25 MDT 2007

Dear List members,

    A friend has sent me a note asking:

"In one of the Theravaden sutras the Buddha speaks of being constrained in
his perception by being in a human body.  Can you recall which sutra that is
in?  If I recall correctly, he makes a distinction between a Buddha in a
body and a Buddha after parinirvana unincombered by a body.  Any idea?"

    I have no idea.  Perhaps someone can provide the information of the
sutra and the text (in English translation) that he is indicating or
conversly idicate that no such text exists?  All help appreaciated.

Sherab