[Buddha-l] Dumbo's feather Re:Buddhism and psychoactive substances

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Wed Oct 4 12:47:53 MDT 2006

Bonjour Stefan Detrez,

>My opinion is that knowledge itself is non-active wisdom. It takes however
>know-how, some kind of modus vivendi, to turn this knowledge in wisdom.
>Knowledge itself doesn't give satisfaction, one has to do something with it.

I expect that if there is any wisdom somewhere, it is not something to know or to do or to view for that matter. One has been breaking one's teeth on a hard nut to crack, hitting one's head against a wall etc. and one simply loses interest in it, sometimes suddenly sometimes gradually. One surrenders, although the word surrenders implies too much of an effort, frustrated will etc. Yes I am mortal, I will grow old and sick, things are and go often/always differently than I expect them to be and go etc.