[Buddha-l] Francis Dojun Cook

John Whalen-Bridge ellwbj at nus.edu.sg
Thu Mar 30 17:46:30 MST 2006

The book series Finding the Ox: Buddhism and American Culture still needs essays on important teacher and translators.  Essays on people like Francics Dojun Cook and Herbert Guenther, or foundational Buddhologists like Trevor Ling, or swans who came to the lake like Shunryu Suzuki or Chogyam Trungpa, or American dharma teachers like Aitken, are all welcome.  Please send me proposals if you would like to write a scholarly essay (an overview, a discussion of a particular innovation or insight, an argument for a pivotal text written, etc).

We also have volumes on literature, film, identity & culture.  These first three issues are coming together at present.  We might be able to fit in another essay on Buddhism and cinema on turtle island.c

Best wishes,  John Whalen-Bridge