[Buddha-l] buddha-l Digest, Vol 103, Issue 6

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 16 17:03:11 MDT 2013

>> No, it was aimed at deviance WITHIN a single religion.
>
> Right. The form the deviation took was importing into Catholicism
> practiced from other religions.

Of the non-conversos -- who were the initial victims of the inquisition --
which "religions" do you imagine they were importing from? That's not what
it was about.

(I've already attempted to explain that the purging of "impurity" from the
conversos was not a matter of sampling "other" religions; you don't want to
hear that.)

Dan