[Buddha-l] Nalanda's library destruction

Jo ugg-5 at spro.net
Thu May 16 09:53:48 MDT 2013

Seems we are experiencing the calm after the storm.  But I am still
interested in opinions on the Nirvana Sutra citation.  Does this actually
suggest that lethal force is impunible?  Or Akarmic?

Yours,

James Andy Stroble
Leeward Community College

Andy, You apparently ignore my posts. Not surprised.  As I've noted before,
it's an all- male extravaganza.
On 5/13 I commented on lethal force as suicide topic, concerning monks who
"used the knife" and the Buddha's views about those cases:

"...isn't it the case in the Pali suttas that those monks who committed
suicide did it because they were extremely ill and suffering uncontrollable
pain? It's not as though they committed suicide to save face or restore some
kind of honor, to take revenge, or any of the various other cultural
rationales for suicide."

Why not visit the list archive? We've been over this topic before.

Joanna