[Buddha-l] an Oscar-winning, Chávez-admiring Buddhist

Jo ugg-5 at spro.net
Sat Jul 6 23:23:03 MDT 2013

See the link I posted, where this quote appears:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/apr/15/oliver-stone-america-went-wrong

"It will be the latest improbable chapter in the life story of a man raised
as an Eisenhower Republican, who fought as a patriot in Vietnam and made his
name in Hollywood writing such splashy, amoral screenplays as Scarface for
Al Pacino, before becoming an Oscar-winning, *Chávez-admiring Buddhist* whom
the Observer described as "one of the few committed men of the left working
in mainstream American cinema". Today he tells me he is looking forward to
attending the Subversive film festival in Croatia."