[Buddha-l] FW: Chapter published concerning the New Kadampa Tradition

Jo ugg-5 at spro.net
Thu Apr 11 19:01:54 MDT 2013

Carol,
Thanks for alerting us to the book and your article.
Joanna

On Behalf Of Carol McQuire
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:24 PM

Sorry about the Linked-In invite. That was a mistake...
But that reminded me - for your reference - I have recently had a 3,000 word
article on my experiences as a New Kadampa Tradition nun published with
Ashgate in the Inform Series on Minority Religions and Spiritual Movements.
The chapter is called 'Realising the Guru's Intention; Hungry Humans and
Awkward Animals in a New Kadampa Tradition Community'.
Here is the Ashgate link:
http://www.ashgate.com/default.aspx?page=637&title_id=&edition_id=11789&calc
Title=1

And a Google books link where part of the chapter can be read.
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=cbmpW-EdGtYC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepag
e&q&f=false

This is actually the first 'survivor' account to get through the libel
threats the NKT has been accustomed to making and looks in some detail at
the issue of the 'invented' ordination and the conditions under which NKT
members practice.
Carol McQuire