[Buddha-l] Chapter published concerning the New Kadampa Tradition

Carol McQuire kelsang_shraddha at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 14:24:05 MDT 2013

Sorry about the Linked-In invite. That was a mistake...
But that reminded me - for your reference - I have recently had a 3,000 word article on my experiences as a New Kadampa Tradition nun published with Ashgate in the Inform Series on Minority Religions and Spiritual Movements. The chapter is called 'Realising the Guru's Intention; Hungry Humans and Awkward Animals in a New Kadampa Tradition Community'.
Here is the Ashgate link:  http://www.ashgate.com/default.aspx?page=637&title_id=&edition_id=11789&calcTitle=1
And a Google books link where part of the chapter can be read. http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=cbmpW-EdGtYC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false
This is actually the first 'survivor' account to get through the libel threats the NKT has been accustomed to making and looks in some detail at the issue of the 'invented' ordination and the conditions under which NKT members practice.
Carol McQuire