[Buddha-l] Tibet China - not about self-immolations

Richard Hayes richard.hayes.unm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 03:48:56 MDT 2013

On Apr 1, 2013, at 2:21 AM, Christopher Fynn <chris.fynn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Reports
> also say this mine was at a very high altitude and Tibetans are
> certainly better adapted to working at high altitudes.

While all the other concerns raised about the economics of extraction (a very old story in human history) are valid, no one is better adapted to working at high altitudes than anyone else. It takes about two weeks to become acclimated to high altitude. It can be a rough two weeks, but the biological body is a very adaptable tool. I think everyone should have at least one.

Richard