[Buddha-l] Bangladesh Muslim lovefest

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 3 00:03:05 MDT 2012

> Arun Shourie is a well-known Muslim hater journalist. I'd not rely on
> anything he publishes.
> JK
> -------------------------
>
> [.............]
> In the previous post, I included a link to
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_Temples:_What_Happened_to_Them#cite_note
> -7
>
> which discusses the book _Hindu Temples - What Happened to Them_, "a
> two-volume book by Sita Ram Goel, Arun Shourie, Harsh Narain, Jay Dubashi
> and Ram Swarup" and various attempts to refute or undermine it. The
> article
> points out, "The Appendix of the first volume contains a list of
> temple-destructions and atrocities that the authors claim took place in
> Bangladesh in 1989."
> [.................]

If you refer to my original post it offers up that link as an example of how
Hindu claims are rebutted, which is the thrust of the Wiki piece. I
reintroduced the link because they mention temple burnings in Bangladesh
which the newspaper article characterized as "rare".

I don't own the book, and have never read it, so I can't provide additional
details.

But see
http://www.mayerdak.com/root/destruction89.htm
http://www.voiceofdharma.org/books/htemples1/app.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhakeshwari_Temple
and the hyperbolic "worst ethnic cleansing in modern history"
http://tinyurl.com/8fplqt9
and so on

Dan