[Buddha-l] more tibetan self-immolations

Jo jkirk at spro.net
Sun Jan 8 21:52:44 MST 2012

Right--the CIA armed one group, the Khams, with deleterious results-- to the
Khams.
Nixon brought a halt to this particular CIA effort as he was proceeding to
effect diplomatic relations with China.

Joanna
-----------------------

On Behalf Of donna Bair-Mundy
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 3:45 PM

Aloha,
   Now, I know I'm getting old and senile so correct me if I'm wrong on this
but as I recall Tibetans actually tried the path of violent uprising against
the Chinese many years ago, with covert help from the United States.  The
result was bloodshed but no independence for the Tibetan people.

                    	Have a safe and joyful day,

 			donna Bair-Mundy, Ph.D.
 			Instructor, LIS Program
 			Information & Computer Sci. Dept.
 			Hamilton Library, Room 003-B
 			2550 McCarthy Mall
 			University of Hawai`i at Manoa
 			Honolulu, HI 96822
 			Voice: 808-956-9518 Fax: 808-956-5835
 			<donnab at hawaii.edu>

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012, Richard Hayes wrote:

> Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 15:31:51 -0700
> From: Richard Hayes <rhayes at unm.edu>
> To: Buddhist discussion forum <buddha-l at mailman.swcp.com>
> Subject: Re: [Buddha-l] more tibetan self-immolations
>
> On Jan 8, 2012, at 11:22 AM, sjziobro at cs.com wrote:
>
>> They've occupied it since and implemented policies that oppress the
Tibetan people, which oppression includes eradicating as much as possible
their culture, and any hint of an uprising has been brutally suppressed.

> Undeniably true. But why recommend a course of action that would guarantee
their complete and utter demise. Ask any Lakota, Apache, Comanche, Shoshone
or Paiute how much sense it makes to make war on a bunch of totally ruthless
and greedy occupiers of your land.