[Buddha-l] Check out The Right's Stupidity Spreads, Enabled by a Too-Polite Left

Jo jkirk at spro.net
Sat Feb 11 19:38:23 MST 2012

On Feb 11, 2012, at 12:54 PM, "Jo" <jkirk at spro.net> wrote:

> That's probably why we don't find that right-wingers by the hundreds
> don't embrace Buddhist practice. I suspect that among the Buddhist cadres
they are quite rare.

In the United States and Canada there is a pretty significant difference in
the range of political persuasion among Asian birthright Buddhists and North
American converts to Buddhism. Go hang out at a congregation of the Buddhist
Church of America, and I think you may find the majority are on what you
might consider right wing.

Richard Hayes
Politically and religiously  uncategorizable

Good point--I was thinking about non-Asians. Bad habit generalising while
leaving out the Asians here.
I of course was not speaking about people outside the US.

Joanna