[Buddha-l] Check out The Right's Stupidity Spreads, Enabled by a Too-Polite Left

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sat Feb 11 16:16:58 MST 2012

On Feb 11, 2012, at 12:54 PM, "Jo" <jkirk at spro.net> wrote:

> That's probably why we don't find that right-wingers by the hundreds don't
> embrace Buddhist practice. I suspect that among the Buddhist cadres they are quite rare.

In the United States and Canada there is a pretty significant difference in the range of political persuasion among Asian birthright Buddhists and North American converts to Buddhism. Go hang out at a congregation of the Buddhist Church of America, and I think you may find the majority are on what you might consider right wing.

Richard Hayes
Politically and religiously  uncategorizable