[Buddha-l] Bourgeois Buddhism

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 6 14:49:38 MDT 2011

On 06-10-11 17:41, Federico Andino wrote:
> Ok, but it is a fact that Nichiren are buddhists? Or the concept of
> buddhism is not contradictory with, say, their reading of the Lotus
> Sutra? If not, what does happen to them?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Nichiren's never denied the teaching of
the Buddha. Shinran only claimed that the original way of the arhant is
to difficult in our time. It is like someone who likes to become a
veggie, but needs to eat meat on doctors orders. So I think we can count
them in unless they decide to change their view.

erik