[Buddha-l] Buddhas Meditation

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Jul 8 12:26:56 MDT 2011

On Jul 8, 2011, at 09:00 , Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> Oh, dear, I am having one of those mornings -- lots going on outside the
> computer to keep me distracted. In the earlier message, obviously I meant
> Geert Wilders, the right-wing loudmouth, not Wim Wenders the film maker.

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering how on earth Wim Wenders go into the discussion. I thought maybe you had discovered that "Paris, Texas" (which Wenders directed) is one of my favorites films.

Speaking of Geert Wilders, I'm sure you have heard that we was found not guilty of disseminating hate literature (for, among other things, comparing the Qur'ān to Mein Kampf). The case brings Evelyn Beatrice Hall to mind, the woman who said, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it," a saying that was falsely credited to Voltaire. Wouldn't be the first time a man got credit for a woman's work.

Richard Hayes