[Buddha-l] Oops--Article is from NY Times

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Mon Jan 10 16:43:47 MST 2011

Jundo's note was even more instructive than the clinical
psychologist abbess's note.
The ZSS folks should just up sticks and leave.

JK

=================

These may be a 'biased' sample -- that is unrepresentative of the
community --  however some respected teachers are speaking out.

Richard Basham

Again via The Buddhist Channel:

"Water drunk by the snake becomes venom, water drunk by the cow
becomes milk"
by Myoan Grace Schireson, The Buddhist Channel, Jan 9, 2011

Grace Schireson's letter to Board of Directors of Zen Studies
Society on Mr Shimano's misconduct

Dear Soun Joe Dowling,

I am writing as a Dharma cousin to encourage you and your sangha
to terminate Rev. Eido Shimano's teaching responsibilities and
connection with the ZSS as recommended by the FaithTrust
Institute October report .
As a Zen person, I have given you the pith of my message first;
the explanation of how I presume to involve myself follows.

http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=70,9815,0,0,1,0

**

plus http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=70,9813,0,0,1,0

editorial notice: