[Buddha-l] Oops--Article is from NY Times

Richard Basham bshmr at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 22:12:01 MST 2011

These may be a 'biased' sample -- that is unrepresentative of the
community --  however some respected teachers are speaking out.

Richard Basham

Again via The Buddhist Channel:

“Water drunk by the snake becomes venom, water drunk by the cow becomes
milk”
by Myoan Grace Schireson, The Buddhist Channel, Jan 9, 2011

Grace Schireson's letter to Board of Directors of Zen Studies Society on
Mr Shimano's misconduct

Dear Soun Joe Dowling,

I am writing as a Dharma cousin to encourage you and your sangha to
terminate Rev. Eido Shimano’s teaching responsibilities and connection
with the ZSS as recommended by the FaithTrust Institute October report .
As a Zen person, I have given you the pith of my message first; the
explanation of how I presume to involve myself follows.

http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=70,9815,0,0,1,0

**

plus http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=70,9813,0,0,1,0

editorial notice: