[Buddha-l] Gandharan Buddhist Art at NY Asia Society

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 14 17:25:24 MDT 2011

Ok, this time everything came through ok, and I didn't have to tinker with
the settings.

What that suggests is that an original message, probably the one sent by
Richard to the list, included some invisible hidden heading instruction
(either from his email program or picked up from a server along the way)
that requested a certain type of charset (character set) encoding. Such
settings are often invisibly transferred to the responding email message, so
Donna's picked it up, and my response to her message continued to reproduce
the invisible instruction. Once that instruction was forcibly altered,
subsequent messages adopted the altered instructions, and thus the message
came through properly.

That suggests that Richard might be able to avoid this problem by tweaking
his settings.

Dan