[Buddha-l] buddhisness

Franz Metcalf franz at mind2mind.net
Tue Apr 12 15:19:15 MDT 2011

Dear All,

Thanks, Tim, for the supportive response. You wrote, "Gotta start
somewhere." I think that really expresses it. For me, one of the chief
virtues of Buddhism is that the tradition has grown rich enough to
meet people where they are. To some folks it provides three year
silent retreats. For others, bathroom books. Some Buddhists are
qualified to lead those retreats. I, by contrast, am qualified to
write the bathroom books. And so I do. They don't teach high level
practice, but they do attempt to add some wisdom and compassion to
contexts and moments that might otherwise lack them. I'm grateful to
be a shallow spot in a deep tradition. Nothin' wrong with that. (Or so
I think.)

Since you asked, here's a tinyurl for my Amazon author page: <http://tinyurl.com/3lyob5h

Cheers,

Franz