[Buddha-l] transparency

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 22 01:45:27 MDT 2010

>Why the king of Thailand doesn´t do asanas.
> http://tinyurl.com/24omfj8
>erik

Interesting. Doesn't specify whether the feet are his own or others' (I
suspect the latter).

Unfortunately the google data is currently close to meaningless, unless one
assumes that every govt. inquiry or request is intrinsically evil. E.g.,
Several European countries have expressed concern over google's street views
mapping, since some people are being photo-ed inadvertently in places they'd
rather not be seen (like with people their spouses would find unsettling).
Such inquiries would be included in the govt. tabulations (and I suspect
they may make up a sizable portion of the French inquiries). Similarly, in
the US, it was disclosed that the units taking the street view photos were
also "accidentally" (!!??) snooping on and recording personal data from
wireless networks they passed. Inquiries into that would be included in the
US tabulation. There is nothing evil in the govt. and various attorneys
general inquiring into this -- to not do so would be derelect. So unless
google -- which surely has the sorting algorithmic ability -- breaks these
numbers down, it is just a game of innuendo.

Dan