[Buddha-l] Buddhism and Psychology research

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Sep 3 07:33:58 MDT 2010

Lusthaus wrote:

> Today religion and philiosophy departments are no longer the place to read
> Freud -- he's harder to appropriate for the faddish théorie du jour than
> some others.

I suspect you meant to say philosophy departments are not the ONLY place to read Freud. One of the most popular courses in the philosophy department that puts rice in my bowl is a course on Freud taught by a true believer, Adrian Johnston. In some departments of philosophy Freud is very much alive and well, but perhaps this is only in backwards places like New Mexico.

Richard