[Buddha-l] Buddhism and Psychology research

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 3 01:48:45 MDT 2010

Op 03-09-10 07:28, Dan Lusthaus schreef:

> You're welcome. In fact, Freud is having something of a comeback in recent
> years, esp. among some brain researchers, who are finding that some of his
> theories do seem to have physiological correlates.
> http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/reading-minds-method-or-muddle/201003/who-s-afraid-sigmund-freud
>
> Lots of people forget that Freud himself predicted that at some future date
> he expected physiological processes will be discovered that account for the
> psychological dynamics he was analyzing. Unlike Jung, he wasn't a fan of the
> wookie, and prefered scientific method.
> http://www.neuro-psa.org.uk/download/SAorig.pdf

In Europe Freud is outdated. I´ve read a discussion between
Jacques-Alain Miller and Michel Onfray in the Philosophie Magazine of
Februari this year, where the Freudian Miller has no answer to Onfray´s
criticisms. Miller settles for a Lacanian version of psychoanalytics, a
version that has been cleaned from Freuds 19th century sexual phantasies.
For those who can read French, look at
http://www.philomag.com/fiche-philinfo.php?id=167
http://www.philomag.com/article,dialogue,en-finir-avec-freud,1103.php

erik