[Buddha-l] Aura and after-image

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Fri May 7 08:39:35 MDT 2010

In a message dated 5/6/2010 6:55:00 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg writes:

http://www.what-buddha-taught.net/Books/Ajahn_Brahm_Basic_Method_of_Meditati
on.htm

Search  for the word "nimitta". It is the "signs of concentration". A number
of  meditators I know, instead of using the breathe etc. would go for
nimitta
itself.
===
I wouldn't read Ajahn Bram's view on nimitta as the final word.  Other
teachers might have very different views. The meditators I know  (including
myself) pretty much ignore nimittas. If they arise, we go back to  the object of
meditation. This goes to show that there are many techniques out  that
probably have equal claim to validity.

jack