[Buddha-l] Aura and after-image

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Fri May 7 08:34:53 MDT 2010

In a message dated 5/6/2010 6:55:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
jkirk at spro.net writes:

Hi Jack
Thanx--I also understood that nimiita means simply a "sign"  in
the semiotic  sense
Joanna
===============================
Joanna,

I know what semiotic means but don't understand your use of it  above.

My reading of the suttas only finds nimitta to mean "sign of" as, for
example, subha-nimitta meaning sign of beauty.

By the way, some use AN 10.29
_http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an10/an10.029.than.html_
(http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an10/an10.029.than.html)  as  a sutta reference for nimitta. I don't see it.

jack

jack

In a message dated 5/6/2010 2:49:45 P.M. Central  Daylight Time,