[Buddha-l] Accuracy

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Jun 14 12:10:08 MDT 2010

On Jun 14, 2010, at 11:52 AM, Bob Woolery wrote:

> I suggest that if I cannot find _something_ admirable in any person, that is
> evidence that I am not well acquainted with the person's qualities, or that
> I lack discernment.

That describes well how my parents taught me to think. (Maybe we're brothers, Bob!) Failure to see something good in everyone was just that: failure. Similarly with the failure to notice that everyone has weaknesses and makes some mistakes. But I have been assured by well-meaning friends that I suffer from a kind of moral blindness that hampers my ability to see things as pure black and white.

Br'er Richard