[Buddha-l] One man's meat...

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Jun 14 10:42:27 MDT 2010

It has been a while since we talked about Buddhist attitudes to diet. My favourite radio program, Ideas on CBC Radio One, has produced an interesting series of podcasts on factory farming, the treatment of animals and arguments for an against vegetarianism. None of it is explicitly Buddhist, but the issues should be of interest to Buddhists (and farmers and environmentalists). The first installment can be heard at http://podcast.cbc.ca/mp3/ideas_20100607_32369.mp3

For those of you who are interested in Darwin, Ideas produced an informative four-part series on the life and career of Charles Darwin. If you are already an expert, you may not learn much, but as a fellow who got a C+ in my only biology class some forty-five years ago, I learned quite a it. The programs can be heard at: http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/features/darwin/index.html

In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that CBC radio is Canadian, and I am a Canadian citizen.

Richard Hayes