[Buddha-l] Dharmapala

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Sun Jul 18 11:16:06 MDT 2010

Just that, just that. Thanks.

Otherwise a good opportunity to read Mahavamsa again. And to

2010/7/18  <sjziobro at cs.com>:
> Joanna,
>

>  Might this not be a response to Richard's assertion that he didn't find in Buddhist texts the sorts of violence depicted in the Bible?  As a tangential question, do you think Origen's introduction of an explicit spiritual sense to scriptural exegesis places the blblical scenes of battle, betrayal, mercy, etc. in a more acceptable light to those who find their literal sense at least puzzling?
>

> Stan

Dear Joanna and Stan,

Just that, just that. Thanks. Couldn't formulate it any better.

A good opportunity to read Mahavamsa again. And to witness various
interpretative (or - shouldn't I say: interpretive?; lack of early
education, unfortunately) strategies at work.

Best regards,

Artur K.

Joanna: