[Buddha-l] Richard Hayes sent you a link

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Fri Jul 2 18:41:05 MDT 2010

Your typo -- CDrvaka students-- obscures the students you refer
to here.

In any case, I do not approve of public funding for any student
groups. Colleges and universities are already up against the wall
financially. Let student orgs. fund themselves. That way various
discriminator polices can be followed with no legal backlash.
Lefties won't be forced to admit KKKs.  Women groups would not be
required to admit males. This is the way tons of organisations,
societies, clubs, etc operate as of yore. When I was at univ.,
public funding of student organisations was unheard of. We all
forked over our bits and held our potlucks as we were able. We
never lacked for shared beer.

As the law is what it is, the Supreme Court decision was
appropriate. But, why bother?
Just stop public funding of student outfits. My guess is that a
decision like this is available to any university or college.
JK

Buddhist Forum, Richard Hayes  thought you would be interested in
the following link
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/episodes/july-2-2010/su
preme-court-update/6593/ Personal Message: Does this mean campus
Buddhist groups will have to accept CDrvaka students?