[Buddha-l] Religious violence, Buddhist violence

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Wed Jan 20 19:49:47 MST 2010

Recommend that you stop digressing.
JK

==============

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 15:32 -0700, JKirkpatrick wrote:

> Richard's intruding his idea of a "ready-made"
> critique into this discussion is resroting to a gratuitous
straw man.

Is there any other kind of straw man?

But I digress. I was not at all resroting, or even resorting, to
a straw man, since I was not suggesting that others do things in
a different way from how I do them. Rather, I was trying to show
that in doing what I do, I do pretty much exactly what everyone
else does, namely, to present information (about something such
as Aum Shinrikyo) and to trust my students to be able to evaluate
it appropriately.