[Buddha-l] You couldn't make this stuff up [was: Vajrayana on buddha in the Buddha]

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Jan 14 22:38:14 MST 2010

On Jan 14, 2010, at 8:57 PM, Alberto Todeschini wrote:

> "Intentional Chocolate™, is a company that is holding a simple, yet
> revolutionary vision for the creation and consumption of food and how we
> live our lives. This conscious, for-profit company founded in 2007, is a
> leader in the revolutionary field of intention-enhanced food and is
> focused on delivering sustenance that nourishes both body and spirit.

This reminds me of a restaurant I used to go to in Montreal. It was owned and operated by disciples of Sri Chinmoy. The walls were bedecked with photos of Sri Chinmoy lifting up passenger buses and barbells that it would take at least two Russian Olympic gold medalists in weighlifting to manage. The menu proclaimed that the most important ingredient in the food was divine love, infused into it by bhakta cooks. The servers drifted dreamily around the room vaguely taking food orders and smiling like three-toed sloths who had eaten too many hashish brownies. The joke used to be that the restaurant offered same-day service. The food would come a couple of hours after customers had forgotten what they had ordered, saturated with divine love and served with earnest blessings and benedictions. One hated to spoil the deeply spiritual atmosphere by leaving a crass monetary gratuity.

Having had my karma transformed several times by Sri Chinmoy's restaurant (which I am sure was responsible for my getting tenure), I am a firm believer in consuming for-profit intention=enhanced food. You can bet I will be buying my lovely wife some Intentional Chocolate for Valentine's Day.

I'd say more, but I have to go lift up a few buses before retiring to a night of dreaming of apsarases playing sweet celestial melodies as I sip ambrosia in Vridavan.

Richard