[Buddha-l] Ii don't see that there's any problem

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 8 02:42:26 MST 2010

I have little to ad to Stephan's excellent translation, except the word
'friend' stands for a male associate, a female one in German or Dutch is
a Freundin or vriendin. So in order to avoid accusations of male
chovinism you might want to ad 'vriendinnen'.
By the way, I wonder if the word 'friend' is not outdated. Today we
speak of fans or supporters, perhaps even followers. The beauty of those
words is that they're sexually neutral. Another thought is, since you
want to change, do you still want to be an order, where people can get
initiated or nominated officially and step down if they have a beef with
each other? Of course order is very desirable in these chaotic times,
but is it realistic?
So how about Triratnafanclub or Driejuwelengroupies or Supportersclub
van de Drie Juwelen?
.
just trying to be a friend

erik