[Buddha-l] Meanwhile in a small island called Singapore

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 9 13:04:43 MST 2010

Op 9-2-2010 20:45, Dan Lusthaus schreef:
> Richard B. wrote:
>
>> That looks like unquestioned dogma from somewhere or humor with less
>> polish than buddha-l is accustom.
>>
> I realize Richard is programmed to only see negativity from anything I post,
> but I suggest he survey some actual monastic communities. The problem is
> well known, but for obvious reasons doesn't usually make the front page of
> the local group's circular.

Dan
I assume you're right and I don't have the medical expertise to comment,
but I was just wondering: is it because of the typical sitting position,
legs horizontal and body upright or the crosslegged position, or is it
the sitting itself or perhaps the quality of the cushions? Many blue
collar workers are also sitting the whole day and I never heard of
problems in that area.

--

Erik

Info: www.xs4all.nl/~jehms