[Buddha-l] Sex Scandals

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Mon Aug 23 18:27:48 MDT 2010

>Sex Scandals in the USA

I'm from the (ex) FWBO and we have had our sex scandals. From my
experience - (not that I was ever sexually abused as far as my
memory holds good though I was a remarkably good looking bloke -
in the right light) - an added complication is that many students
see it as social advancement to be seduced or to seduce their
teacher. This holds good for thrusting young ambitious executive
management types or yuppies who will sell their souls to the
highest bidder! Maybe that's another thing you don't get so much
of in the East??

Dave/Aryacitta
____________________

"...an added complication is that many students see it as social
advancement to be seduced or to seduce their teacher."

Where has everyone been? At the college I taught at, right from
the beginning (end of the '60s),
the students saw it as *academic as well as social* (peer group)
advancement.
Occasionally, the game broke down when an irate student reported
a  faculty member, who had a personnel com. meeting about it, and
then was fired. Another case, that resulted in pregnancy, saw the
perpetrator (as it were) kept on the job with a warning, because
he (or his lawyer, dunno) was able to convince the committee
somehow.
I think it may be worth noting that no faculty member ever
accused a student of sexual

JK