[Buddha-l] Influence of media on the brain

donna Bair-Mundy donnab at hawaii.edu
Thu Aug 19 18:50:30 MDT 2010

Aloha,
In regards to:
> Another manifestation (or infestation?) of strange manners can be
> heard on NPR radio, when the usual reply to "Thanks for being on
> the show", or thanks (for anything), is "My pleasure."

This is actually a reflection of older manners that I really miss.  When
introduced we would indicate that it was a pleasure to meet someone.  When
thanked we would say that it was our pleasure to be of service to the
individual [rather than it being a burden].

This reflects rather more gracious interchanges than is often the case
these days, I'm afraid.

                    	Have a safe and joyful day,

 			donna Bair-Mundy, Ph.D.
 			Instructor, LIS Program