[Buddha-l] FW: "Countdown to Zero" a disarm all nukes film in 'up the nukes' masquerade

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Tue Aug 10 14:06:30 MDT 2010

Buddhists today are probably more into peace than war. So I post
this bit in the hope
that anyone tempted to think it's a "good" film, might be
"enlightened" by this review.

At first glance, it's easy to be fooled by the promo for this
film, _Countdown to Zero_
(as I was when I first read the promo). However, the following
review goes into the background and subsidising of this film, in
excruciating detail. The discourse is typical Monthly Review.
However, it's worth reading for the facts the author dug up as
help in
connecting the dots to a lot of other political moves in the
offing.

http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/2010/bg220710.html

Co-opting the Anti-Nuclear Movement
by Darwin BondGraham

[The author, Darwin BondGraham, is a board member of the Los
Alamos Study Group, a disarmament, energy, and economic
development organization based in Albuquerque, N.M. ]

No cheers,

Joanna