[Buddha-l] nytimes review of pbs The Buddha

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 8 11:38:21 MDT 2010

> Coincidentally, yesterday in my Buddhist Philosophy class we were reading
> Dan Lusthaus's excellent translation of passages from the
> Buddhabhūmyupadeśa in Edelglass and Garfield's reader in Buddhist
> philosophy,

Ah! No wonder you're in such a good mood today.

As for churlish, there is a time and place. Sermons are one thing,
documentaries purporting to present things "to the best of our knowledge"
are another. If thinking that the homiletic license granted to a sermon is
not appropriate for a documentary is being churlish, then watch me churl.
Actually churling is fun. A winter Olympic sport, I believe, involving
sticks and stones and sweeping away turds. As long as one is not skating on
thin ice...

Dan