[Buddha-l] Cultivating Cults

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Mon Apr 5 08:38:01 MDT 2010

On Apr 4, 2010, at 2:10 PM, Richard Hayes wrote:

> I have been thinking of starting a support group for the parents and siblings of people who take philosophy courses.

I have just recently discovered Jonathan Dancy and moral particularism. For some reason I am fascinated by him (and David Hume).

I find the idea of moral particularism particularly fascinating (and Aristotelian). I am becoming confused.

Do I require intervention?  Can Professor Hayes save me?

Jim Peavler
jmp at peavler.org
http://www.vivanewmexico.com/blog

"When the experts are agreed, the opposite opinion cannot be held to be certain;
"When [they] are not agreed, no opinion can be regarded  as certain by a non-expert;
"When they all hold no sufficient grounds for a positive opinion to exist, the ordinary man would do well to suspend his judgement."  Bertrand Russell.