[Buddha-l] unwed couples are like Krishna and Radha

Katherine Masis twin_oceans at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 22:07:15 MDT 2010

Actually, there are plenty of non-cultish support groups for family members of cult members.  The trouble is, newfangled religions aren't the only cults around.  Practically any organization can become a cult: an established religion, a political party, an environmental group, a sports team, a corporation, etc.  It's harder for the families of those poor folks to get support.  But it might be almost impossible to get support for the families of people who hang out with atheists and deists, or who worry about Catholic conspiracies.

Katherine Masis
P.S. What does any of this have to do with Krishna and Radha, anyway?
"... Does anyone know whether there are support groups for families that have been torn apart by religious zealotry? I reckon there is a need for such groups, but I haven't ever heard of any (except for some of the "anti-cult" groups that are themselves cults). ...

Richard