[Buddha-l] Chris Hedges

Elvin Eldridge elvineldridge at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 18:55:00 MDT 2009

On 9/26/09, JKirkpatrick <jkirk at spro.net> wrote:
> I just heard an eloquent speech by Hedges on our local university
> radio station, which broadcasts Alternative Radio on one of its
> two stations. I'd somehow not come across AR before.
> (www.alternativeradio.org)

What you should know about Hedges, is:

"Hedges, who speaks Arabic and spent seven years in the Middle East,
most of them as the Middle East Bureau Chief for The New York Times,
was an early and vocal critic of the plan to invade and occupy Iraq.
He questioned the rationale for war by the Bush administration and was
often critical of the early press coverage, calling it “shameful
cheerleading.” Hedges delivered a 2003 Commencement address at
Rockford College in Rockford, Ill. shortly after President Bush landed
with great fanfare on an aircraft carrier in which he told the
graduating class “we are embarking on an occupation that, if history
is any guide, will be as damaging to our souls as it will be to our
prestige, power and security.”"

(from Truthdig)

Elvin